Calla Lily Plants

Why Are My Calla Lily Blooms Closed Up?

kelkim2826 added on June 12, 2012 | Answered

I received a calla lily plant for Mother's Day that was almost dead. I planted it and within a few days it had the most beautiful blooms. Within a week or so the blooms closed up and have not opened in about two weeks. I live in climate 6b. It has the morning sun. Is it possible it is not getting enough sun? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

If the blooms/buds are not opening fully, they likely need more water. Increase your watering. They should be watered at least daily and twice a day if the temps are over 80 F, especially if they're in containers. They do like sun but can tolerate partial shade. You can also add some phosphorus, such as bone meal, to the soil. For more growing info, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/calla-lily/growing-calla-lilies-and-care-of-calla-lilies.htm

00
Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants