Bush Beans

Why Are My Bush Beans Hollow?

My beans come up good and look healthy for the most part, but 80% of the beans have mostly just seeds inside and no meat. It is just a small container garden. I put new compost every year. Also, it seems the plant dies quicker and does not re-flower. The problem seems to get worse year after year. I thought it was lack of water but last year we had sufficient rain and I still had the problem.

My only explanation is that your bush beans have some sort of virus and it could return year and after is your containers aren't sterilized. Here are a few articles for you to review so you can try to pinpoint what is afflicting your beans. If it in fact a virus, you will want to consider planting disease resistant cultivars.

learningstore.uwex.edu/assets/pdfs/A3374.pdf
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/beans/treating-mosaic-in-beans.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bush Beans