Dracaena Plants

White Spots on Leaves

My plant is similar to a corn plant. The leaves are long and slender and have white spots on them. It appears to be 'in' the leaf rather than 'on' the leaf. It is growing and the new leaves also have the white spots. The petunias I planted next to where it sits also have the white spots now. Definitely not mold, or at least I can't remove the spot. I currently have the plant on my deck, but it doesn't get direct sun. I am gone in the winter but have a waterer. However, there are many, many dead leaves when I return. Am I missing a nutrient? But then why have the annuals developed the same type of thing? Help!

It could be from water spots associated with overhead watering or splashing of the leaves. Limiting overhead watering will help with this water spots.

Here are more questions about Dracaena Plants