White Pines

White Pine Roots

Deene added on January 6, 2018 | Answered

I have 3 lovely 8 yr old white pines inyard up against lanai, sadly one otheie riots are coming above ground & when I mow grass, roots are getting scraped , the other end seems root may be starting to go under pavers on lanai. I love the pines, nice shade, yet the roots! If I cut ANY part of roots..... will th tree die?? The roots are going in many directions 5-10 feet away from tree. What might you do ? A neighbors said you cut the root Through with chainsaw , pine tree will Get weak & could collapse alone...... in a dilemma Thank you

This is unfortunate, as these roots can get MASSIVE, and cause many problems to any structures nearby, and they will go above ground naturally. I fear that your only solution here is to completely remove the tree. Otherwise, you may be looking at some expensive structural repairs to the house along with cutting the tree out. It is best to plant these well away from dwelling or water lines. I hate to bring this information to you, but this is a difficult situation.

00
Here are more questions about White Pines