Desert Rose Plants

When to Move a Desert Rose to a Larger Pot

hcsmoak added on May 19, 2017 | Answered

I gave my wife a desert rose about 4 years ago. It is still in the original pot, though it has certainly grown some. It seems to have more blooms each year and just recently started blooming this year. We live in SC so it comes inside for the winter, but my wife has never put it outside in full sun. It is on our screened back porch in the warm months. It is really doing great, so should she worry about moving it to a bigger pot anyway? Thanks

Desert Rose does well in slightly smaller pot, but eventually does outgrow it's container.

I would wait to move the plant into a pot 1/2 inch larger then the existing pot, when the plant is done blooming.
Use a soil that is used for cactus and succulents.

Keep the root ball at the same depth as it was in the previous pot, which should be about 1 to 2 inches of the root ball above the soil surface.

00
Here are more questions about Desert Rose Plants