Apricot Trees

When to Feed My Apricot Tree and When to Prune?

Che added on February 20, 2011 | Answered

I have a small London garden & I planted an espalier apricot tree and it cropped so fantastically I couldn't bear to prune it. It's about to burst into flower again - should I feed it? It's trained along wires dividing next door's path from ours. Any tips gratefully received. It's 3 years old and lives next to a ballerina apple tree and an espalier apple. Under planted with roses , peonies and alcamilla m. Should I have winter washed or sprayed ? Thank you

While it is bursting with flowers, you will want to thin the fruit out a bit when the fruit starts to develop so that there is at least 4 inches (10 cm) between each fruit. This will result in bigger and better fruit.

Fertilizing now would be good to help support the fruit that will be developing.

Apricots normally do best with a light pruning after they have bloomed.

Here are more questions about Apricot Trees