Purple Fountain Grass

When Should I Expect Purple Fountain Grass to Begin Growing Back?

hwedderburn added on May 3, 2012 | Answered

I planted some purple fountain grass last year and it grew tons and thrived. It is now the beginning of May and I still don't see signs of it coming back. I did cut it down early spring.   When should I expect it to begin growing back or assume it is not coming back?

They typically emerge in late spring to early summer, though with the unusal weather, the fountain grass may simply be slow to start. I would give it a little more time. Since you already cut away dead growth, this should help encourage new growth. Here is an article to help you determine if it is dead or just on a slow start: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Purple Fountain Grass