Peach Trees

When Do I Transplant Peach Plant?

rparker5504 added on May 15, 2013 | Answered

How do I cure leaves that are dry? I have a young 1ft tall peach tree. My leaves have mini holes in them and are somewhat dry. What to do to fix? The plant is already bulky, is that a good sign? What kind of soil to use that won't hurt small plant? How often to water?

Anonymous

If the leaves are dry, you need to water more often. If you are planning on keeping it in a container, you need to water daily, twice daily if temps are over 85F. If you are planting it in the ground, it will need daily water for 2-4 weeks and then water deeply once a week for the rest of the year. After that, it needs 2-4 inches of water a week, including rainfall.

If you are keeping it in a container, use potting mix. If you are putting it in the ground, mix some compost in with the soil from the hole and then back fill the hole around the tree with that.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees