When and How to Transplant a Hollyhock Plant

chester42 added on June 25, 2013 | Answered

My neighbor has a multitude of hollyhock plants of at least two colors and we wish to transplant them as they are next to a roadway and have been neglected for some time. The new resident wants to keep some to plant in her garden. Is it too late or too hot to do that now and still keep them alive?

Don't know what your daytime temps are now, but I would think that digging some of the smaller, 4-7'' plants and transplanting into individual pots would work. Hollyhocks love sun, but I would give them only bright light until I saw new growth. Keep them moist, but not soppy wet. Gradually acclimate the plants to full sun, then plant in spot you choose. This article may help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hollyhock/tips-on-hollyhocks-growing-hollyhocks-successfully.htm

Here are more questions about Hollyhocks