Plant Recommendations

What Type of Plant to Choose

todoso added on May 15, 2016 | Answered

I need to plant some care free plants/bushes on the east side of my house. They will get very little, if any, direct light as there is a huge maple tree directly across. Also, a very large burning bush on the southeast corner and a Yoshino cherry tree on the northeast corner of house. I had 3 Hydrangea bushes, one is surviving. I just took out a huge Althea that needed to go, as it was leaning to the south, either from snow or looking for light. I live in Michigan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kh0001

If you get very strong winds that come in from the North, then yes, the Althea could have simply been pushed enough that it started to lean that way, especially if it was still relatively young. I live in an area where the same thing happens to some of my plants.

This article will give you some ideas of plants that require a little less sunlight:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/shade/shade-tolerant-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations