Lantana Plants

What Type of Lantana Is This?

Esther Lewit added on June 18, 2017 | Answered

Dear Gardening Know How team, I came across your excellent website trying to identify a plant we have in the garden of our current holiday hone in La Palma on the Canary Islands. While I am fairly certain it is a type of lantana, I don't believe it to be l. montevidensis because the leaves alternate and their edges look smooth, not serrated as I have seen in pictures of l. montevidensis. Furthermore, there do not seem to be any seeds at all, at least right now, and the l. camara in another pot near the one I am trying to identify already has done fruit. Long story short, can you help me identify the lantana in the attached picture? (I could go and take a more detailed one if required, as well) Thank you very much in advance and best regards Esther Lewit

The garden heliotrope (Heliotropium arborescens) is a highly fragrant perennial plant, originally from Peru. It is especially notable for its intense, rather vanilla-like fragrance. Common names include cherry pie and “common heliotrope”.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/heliotrope/growing-heliotrope-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lantana Plants