Pepper Plant

What Type of Insecticide to Use to Kill Red Horned Caterpillar

Ishita added on August 14, 2013 | Answered

I live in south Orange County in CA & my pepper plant has been attacked by a pair of red horned caterpillars two different times. How can I protect my babies? 

Pepper mom

PS:- Can I spray something around the pot so that they cannot cross that to reach the plant. I have tried growing Thai chillies from seeds & as soon as my chillies came on the plant, 2 red horned caterpillars came and cleaned out all the fruit and the leaves! I found one on the plant and the other on the ground. I sprayed insect killer spray on it to kill it, but I lost all my pepper and its leaves! Of course, new leaves have come up now, but how do I protect it?

HELP

One of the most effective 'organic' products to control caterpillars is Bt. Be advised, this usually only works on caterpillars. Use according to package directions. An article is attached: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/using-bacillus-thuringiensis.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pepper Plant