Wisteria Vines

What to Plant With Wisteria

I would like to plant a Wisteria to climb up the front of my Edwardian semi. Since Wisteria doesn't flower for long, are not evergreen, and have quite a woody trunk, can you suggest something I could plant with/alongside it which would either climb with it, or at least provide some interest when the Wisteria is not looking at its best? Perhaps something evergreen/flowering and possibly aromatic? I guess I have to find another plant which would not hamper the growth of the Wisteria.

To be very honest, you should not plant any perennial with wisteria. It will kill anything it is planted with eventually. I would instead say that you might want to think about an annual, like morning glory or cypress vine, that wisteria would not be able to strangle and would reseed every year. As for winter interest, wisteria vines have a very sculptural shape that many people appreciate. You can add twinkle lights as well, to highlight those shapes and make them pop a little more in the landscape.

00
Here are more questions about Wisteria Vines