Plant Recommendations

What to Plant in Alley

There's a plot of dirt (about 6 ft wide, 4 ft deep) in the alley behind my house next to a dumpster, and people tend to toss large objects (like old couches) there. I want to plant something that will prevent people from dumping anything in that area. I need fast growing, drought tolerant in zone 5 (Denver), wide, takes full sun, minimal care (it is an alley after all) and not expensive. I was thinking putting up a trumpet vine on a trellis or maybe a small evergreen? Thanks.

The trumpet vine is a good idea. You might also like daylilies, sedums, cone flowers, daisies and lamb's ear. I would avoid the evergreen just because in a location like that a single large plant would present itself as a target and would likely be vandalized. These other plants could take some vandalizing and recover quickly, plus would not present themselves as such an obvious singular target.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations