Plant Recommendations

What to Grow on Chain Link Fencing

ranrod3 added on March 18, 2018 | Answered

I used chain linked fencing to border my back garden. Now I wish to have more privacy between my neighbours. I live in Northern Alberta, Canada; Cold Zones would be as low as 2 or 3; the coldest temps reaching -45 C for limited time periods in the winter. What suggestions do you have for green foliage on the chain linked fencing for privacy. Should the plants, say ivy, be the only one planted on all three sides of the rear garden or should there be variety?

tr9casten

consider various varieties of pole beans. Vigorous growth will blook the view all summer, provide interesting flowering and colorful, edible beans, and after the frosts, there will still be vines and leaves. Consider when you are outside enjoying the space and seeking privacy, as this is probably in the growing season.
I have grown Kentucky Pole Beans, purple pole beans, yard long asien beans, and broad beans, and all will vigourously fill every space on your fence.

Tom Casten

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations