Cucumber Plants

What to Do With Plants After Harvest Season?

stoutspsalm24 added on October 27, 2014 | Answered

I have 2 raised boxed gardens. I planted cucumbers, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe and pumpkins. I don't know what to do now. Do I pull up plants or leave it alone till next year? I can't seem to find any information about it. Thanks so much for your time.

After harvest, the best thing to do is pull the plants and put them on the compost heap. If you don't have one, this would be a great time to start one. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/basics/

00
kathrync

You can pull the plants or leave them there. If you pull them then you are that much closer to being ready to plant next spring. Also if you have a compost pile you can throw them in there and then when it is composted you have more nutrients for your garden again.

00
Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants