Bean Plants

What to Do With Havested White Beans

Texledo added on June 14, 2012 | Answered

I've picked and shelled my beans and put them fresh in Ziploc bags in the freezer. When I'm ready to cook them, do I just cook them straight from the freezer or let them dry first. Or should I dry them before I freeze them? Or should I freeze them at all? And how long do you let them dry?

Letting them dry on the plant will help with storage time. When you store them, also try putting them in a breathable container so that any leftover moisture can be let out from the beans. To freeze them, lay the shelled beans in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze just until frozen through. Then place them into a sealable plastic bag and freeze up to six months. To defrost, simply pop the plastic bag in some cold water for about ten minutes.

00
Here are more questions about Bean Plants