Fig Tree

What to Do With a Large Fig Tree That Split Into 2 Pieces?

cragg106 added on October 4, 2017 | Answered

I have a large fig tree. It is about 30 years old. It has been very good at producing fruit. This summer it split into two pieces. Some of the roots are still in the ground. It continued to produce fruit. I don\'t know what to do with it. I don't want to loose it. Should I cut all the little suckers or new that have started to grow?

If you can prop it up and tie it into place temporarily, that can help. Otherwise, you can let it continue as it is. It will still continue to produce, although not at its best. If it becomes too much of a burden, then you may have to cut out the less productive side.

Here is an article for more information on pruning: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/figs/pruning-fig-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree