Animal Control In The Garden

What Products Are Used to Rid Gardens and Flowerbeds of Armadillo

mk muniza added on June 19, 2014 | Answered

You mentioned using vinegar and ammonia to rid my beds of armadillos, but in the heat of Texas, these will evaporate in 10 mins. I need help NOW! These miserable animals are destroying all of my hard work. I'm old and need a product that is easy to distribute.

Unfortunately, there are no truly effective armadillo repellents. The best defense is a good fence, buried 1' into the ground and angled outward. You might try electric fencing strung 3 or 4 inches off the ground. You might try putting out stinky rags - the ammonia/pine cleaner/ vinegar/anything else you can think of - every night. You might try spraying plants with a home-made or purchased pepper spray; this article has some ideas for making your own: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/homemade-soap-spray.htm
You might try putting something sticky on the ground, like stretching duct tape with the sticky side up, securing with stakes --- whatever you can dream up. If you find anything that works, let the rest of us know.

00
Here are more questions about Animal Control In The Garden