Wild Strawberry Plants

What Is This Weed

I need to I. D. something growing in my lawn. It is small, close to the ground, has small red berries on it, 3 leaves that are kind of rough on the edges, and may be on a vine. Hoping it's not some type of Ivy. It's right in the open in direct sunlight 8-12 hours a day. Do you know what this could be, or could you point me in the right direction so I could find out?

What you are describing sounds like wild strawberry. While considered a weed in many areas, in the right location, these ground cover plants can make an exceptional addition to the garden. They are also edible and tasty. However, be careful not to confuse this plant its related counterpart, woodland strawberry, which has no flavor and bears yellow flowers rather than white.

00
Here are more questions about Wild Strawberry Plants