Insect Pest Control

What Is It?

I have pretty well eliminated the slugs from my garden, but now I do not know about this little bug. We use to call them roly-polys because the second you touch them, they roll up into little balls. I do not think these are grubs and they do not look like a Japanese beetles. What are they, and how do I get rid of them? Or do I?

They are called a few different things, pill bugs, sow bugs and isopods are some of their other names.

They are generally not damaging to plants, but when they are, most insecticides will work on them. If you are looking for more organic control, they need moist soil to survive, so keeping the top of the soil a little drier and eliminating hiding spot will help to keep their populations down.

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control