Schefflera Plants

What Is Causing Leaves to Drop Off Schefflera Plant

Luckysue added on June 25, 2013 | Answered

The plant looked real healthy with no signs of bugs. I have it out on front porch where it started to fill out. When I got the plant, it was in bad shape - hardly no leaves. It was doing great and in three days all leaves except new leaves fell off. Help. The only thing I did was when spraying Miracle Gro. Could that have been too much for it?

It is possible that the leaves were old and going to drop anyway? Sometimes, there is a huge shock in some way or another, and there will be a leaf drop. It's possible that it was delayed. I wouldn't imagine that a foliar application of fertilizer would cause leaf drop unless it was very heavily concentrated, in the sun, and applied several times. You state that the new leaves did not shed. That's good. Continue watching for new growth. personally, I wouldn't worry too much unless more leaf drop occurs. I also wouldn't foliar feed when the plant is dry or temps over 85*. A drench or light foliar misting would be my choice. I prefer a well balanced fertilizer, 14-14-14 instead of vast differences of NPK%.

00
Here are more questions about Schefflera Plants