What Can I Spray That Will KILL Moss but Not Roses

jsparks added on April 8, 2015 | Answered

What can I spray that will KILL moss, but not harm my roses? For some reason, my rose beds have become inundated with moss - even growing on the ground level rose canes in some instances. What can I do to get rid of the moss without harming the roses? Thanks for your prompt reply! J. Sparks

Hi Sparks. Baking Soda works very well to get rid of moss and does not carry some of the nasty side effects of some of the chemical sprays out there. Sprinkle it around the moss and use your fingers that have been dipped into the baking soda to help spread it around onto the moss. Rain and watering just help wash the baking soda in which is okay. I have heard that spraying the canes of the rosebushes with a product called Green Cure at the "Cure" mixing ratio will get rid of the moss on the canes as well.

00