False Aralia Plants

What Are the Light Green Dots on the Leaves of My False Aralia

jamesbucher added on June 20, 2014 | Answered

What are the light green dots on the leaves of my false aralia that look like spores? Not all leaves have these things but enough to bother me and give me concern.

Well, they're not spores, that's for sure. If they're very small, like pin pricks, you might be seeing spider mite damage. If they're larger, and you can pry them off with your fingernail, that would be scale insects. If they are in the tissues of the leaf itself, they might be a fungus, bacterial, or viral infection. For mites or scale, insecticidal soap applied 4 times at 7 - 10 day intervals should take care of the problem. Read more here: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/false-aralia/false-aralia-houseplant.htm
For a disease, there's not much you can do other than remove infected leaves, and practice good culture to keep the plant as strong as possible.

00
Here are more questions about False Aralia Plants