Rubber Tree Plants

Weeping Leaves on a Rubber Tree

I was given a rubber tree cutting about a year ago by a friend. Up until the last week or so it has been doing great. It has grown almost 5' already, and has very vivid variegated green on green leaves. Last Wednesday, I started to wipe off the leaves and I noticed that the leaves were dripping liquid from the tips. I did not think much of it at the time, I just figured that someone else had misted it earlier in the day. But I have now noticed that the drips have increased to the point that it looks almost as if the tree is weeping. Is this normal? If not, then can anyone tell me if this liquid is toxic? Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

This is honeydew and normally produced by a pest infestation, like aphids. Treat the plant with neem oil. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rubber Tree Plants