Chamomile Plants

Weeds

What can I do in the fall to prevent a vegetable garden full of weeds when I'm ready to plant in the spring? We till the garden each fall but by planting time I have to spend hours cleaning out weeds before we can til it. The picture shows last years chamomile EVERYWHERE, clover, ragweed and various other noxious beasts!

I have 2 suggestions. 1. mulch the beds to a depth of at least 3 inches year around. Rake the mulch off to prepare the bed in spring. Weed seeds commonly fly on the wind get dispersed by birds and other animals. If you wait until fall to mulch, it is already too late. Option 2 is to plant a dense cover crop as you harvest. Hopefully it will grow quickly and choke out weed seeds. In early spring, till it under. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/cover-crops/cover-crops-for-weed-control.htm

00
Here are more questions about Chamomile Plants