Dandelion Plants

Weeds

Chicomomshops added on July 17, 2016 | Answered

Over grown garden full of weeds. I have no idea how these weeds started in my garden. Last spring I had surgery (gallbladder) but did not do much gardening - and I am paying for it big time this year! I have one particular garden where what looks like dandelions have taken over. I pulled them all out in the spring, got half of the garden mulched - then my dad got sick. I did knothole time to get back to it and now they have invaded! What can I do? I pull and they come back twice as much. I hope you can help! I live in Canada - near Niagara Falls. They also seem to be 'jumping over to nearby gardens. Please help!

Pulling weeds after watering can make removal of the entire week and roots easier.

Removing weeds before they can seed themselves will also help reduce their presence in the garden.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/vgen/garden-weeding.htm

Do you have a local garden club? Try contacting them and see if they provide any garden help for gardeners who need some assistance.

01
Chicomomshops

I mentioned that i did pull them all out this spring - root and all - but this has made the problem worse. They have come back - three times as many. I was hoping for a better answer. Now they have spread throughout the whole garden.

00
Here are more questions about Dandelion Plants