Blackberry Plants

Weed Killer

Anonymous added on January 2, 2014 | Answered

I have tried to kill off a blackberry bush with weed killers and bleaches for the past 3 years; however, it comes back every year. I would like to surrender and let the shrub fruit this year. Will I be able to eat the fruit it produces?

Almost all weed killers have a period of time after which where it is safe eat food grown in them. The time varies. Since this has been ongoing for 3 years, the soil may still have remnants of the chemicals used. After about a year without the use of any chemical control, however, it should be ok. As a precaution though, I would suggest washing the fruit thoroughly prior to eating it. Here is more info: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/how-long-does-weed-killer-last-in-the-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Blackberry Plants