Dandelion Plants

Weeding Allotment Plot or Digging In?

As a newcomer to my allotment plot, I have been painstakingly digging out all weeds and grass in an attempt to minimize further problems. However, the chap in charge has told me that apart from dandelions, I could just be digging all of these things in. I can understand that it would possibly help the soil but after reading several gardening things, it seems that this could chop them up and make the problem worse in the future. Advice would be greatly appreciated please, as I don't want him to think I'm mental if I decide to carry on digging them out with a fork. Thank you

Weeding is perfectly okay so long as it done properly and correctly. The following article will give you guidelines on how to properly weed:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/vgen/garden-weeding.htm

00
Here are more questions about Dandelion Plants