Container Wisteria Vines

Weatherizing Wisteria in Lrg Pots Outdoors

Michael L Johnston added on October 3, 2017 | Answered

I am in Boise, ID and the winters get pretty cooled!! Have seen a lot of article's on winterizing potted plant but nothing on Wisterias!! Can someone please tell me what to do? They are in 3' high clay pots that are 14" diameter.. Should I wrap the pots with some insulation?

As long as the temps don't get below -15 or -20, the plant will survive. It is hardy from zones 5 to 9, and it looks like most of your state falls within range. If you are concerned, it wouldn't hurt to wrap something around them to keep them warm on the coldest nights.

Here is an article with some more interesting information on the plant: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/wisteria/growing-wisteria-in-container.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Wisteria Vines