Peace Lily Plants

Peace Lily Plant

r.dufrasne added on May 24, 2015 | Answered

We just purchased what we think is a Peace Lily Plant and we have potted it and put it outside in a shady spot that only gets about one half hour of afternoon sun. Is this ok or must it be kept indoors?

While peace lily is considered a houseplant, it can be put outdoors for the summer in a shady location - just be sure to bring it in when night temperatures start going below 50.

For more information on peace lilies, please visit the following page:

I've never heard of planting one outdoors although they must live this way out in the wild. It's just that they're so nice indoors I'm not sure I would plant one outside. I'd be interested in knowing how it does. Just treat it the way you do indoors in the pot - only water it when the soil feels dry, and don't let it get too much sunlight.

Here are more questions about Peace Lily Plants