Trumpet Vines

Watering Trumpet Vine

Davidof43 added on July 14, 2017 | Answered

Bought a trumpet vine about 10 days ago. Planted in my yard and first 4-5 days looked green and thriving. Then leaves tarted to curl up. I think I didn't Water enough. How do I know how much to water--a day-- week ? '

First, provide a new transplant with shade by putting some garden stakes or sticks in the ground and covering with a leaf bag. Do you have heavy clay soil or sandy soil. Is it windy? These factors as well as temp and hot sun determine how much to water. Don't water unless the top 1-2" of soil is bone dry. Roots that are kept too wet will rot. Also, don't fertilize. The plant needs to establish its roots before working on top growth. This plant is capable of massive growth; I hope you put it in a large space!

00
Here are more questions about Trumpet Vines