Rose Watering Question

Mousesteps1 added on April 15, 2017 | Answered

I have a drip system I am using for my rose garden. My problem: my water needs to run 150'. The water is not completing the total run; it stops around 3/4 of the way. I have hooked my garden hose to a hose that I hooked the drippers on to. No one seems to have a solution to this problem. Thank you.

I have always hand watered my roses with a watering wand. I like to have the time to check each rosebush out while watering it to see if any fungus or insect problems are starting. Catching a problem early on makes the cure far easier and usually less expensive. This being said, I would just use the drip system for the current length and then a watering wand for the rest. Keep any eye on soils moisture by checking the soils in at least three locations around each rosebush every other week. This will give you a good idea of how the drip system is working as well as tell you which method seems to be getting a more effective water distribution to the rosebushes. Extending the drip system off of another water source would also appear to solve the problem.

00