Crinum Lily

Watering Crinum Lily

I recently had 3 crinum lilies planted in my yard along with the rest of my landscaping. I was instructed to water everything daily. I have done that for nearly a month. Everything else is looking great, but not my crinums. I skipped a few days of watering when we had rain recently. I have resumed watering and now the leaves are yellow and wilted around the bottom of the plant. Am I overwatering?

While crium plants do enjoy consistently moist soil, it should not get too wet or rot will set in. The yellowing and wilting are good indications that the plant is too wet. Back off watering a bit and see if this helps. You can also check the soil around the plants to see if it is wet or not. This will also help with watering. If the soil is fairly moist, hold off on the water. If somewhat dry, give it water. For more information on its care, this article will help:

Here are more questions about Crinum Lily