Christmas Cactus Plants

Christmas Cactus After Repotting

laurabaehr added on June 2, 2016 | Answered

I have just repotted my Christmas Cactus. While we have had this plant for about 3 years, when I removed it (gently) from its old container and soil, it appears there are very short roots. First, is this normal? Second, should I completely soak the plant after the repot, or leave it alone for a little? Thank you!

LuvaLeigh

If your plant is seemingly healthy then short roots are not much of a problem. Once your cactus is settled in its new home, up your fertilizing to once a month just to make sure it is getting enough nutrients. I am attaching a link on re-potting a Christmas cactus that has a ton of great info.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/christmas-cactus/repotting-christmas-cactus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Christmas Cactus Plants