Insect Pest Control

Wasp Deterrents

There are products, such as the Waspinator, that are fake wasp nests that you can use to deter wasps from nesting near your home or garden based on the fact that wasps tend to be territorial. Can you give me any information or opinion on if these products would work, or if wasps are even territorial enough to not nest near one another?

They are territorial but, unfortunately, I do not know for certain if these products are effective or not. Upon a quick look at reviews for the Waspinator, however, I did find that it is a fairly even split with about half its buyers finding the product useful while the other half were not pleased. For additional help with wasps in the garden, this article may be helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/kill-wasps.htm

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control