Purple Waffle Plants

Waffle Plant for Indoors

dkline709@hotmail.com added on August 27, 2014 | Answered

Are these types of plants poisonous to cats, especially black and white super curious cats that wake their owners way too early for breakfast?

Ha-ha. Too funny. Looking through all the toxic lists (there are at least a dozen of them) I don't see waffle plants on any of them. In the future, if you have occasion to look at any of these lists, use the ones that show the relative toxicity. I've had plants all my live, and cats too, and the cats have chomped many of the so called "toxic" plants with no more ill effect than a barf puddle on the floor. My experience is also that the ones that are listed as "non-toxic" are the ones the cats will eat down to the stems, so those are all outside my home, and only the "toxic" ones are inside with the cats. But that's just me. Your cat might find the waffle plant tasty, however, so you might want to keep it out of reach. Or grow it in a terrarium, which is really the only place they do well, because of their need for humidity. These articles will tell you more: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/waffle-plant/waffle-plant-info.htm

Here are more questions about Purple Waffle Plants