Hi, I'm a high school student and for our school project, we are required to conduct an interview on a gardening expert about vertical gardening. Please kindly answer the questions below. 1. Are you aware of vertical gardening? 2. Do you have plans of doing vertical gardening at your home? 3. Do you think you have enough knowledge about maintaining a vertical garden? 4. Do you believe that verticap gardening is one way of helping in the beatification in our environment? 5. Are you willing to promote vertical gardening?
I would be glad to help you with your project.
1. Yes, vertical gardening is a great way to garden in a small space!
Many plants natural grow vertically or plants that normally would trail on the ground can be 'trained' to grow in a vertical direction.
2. In my own garden, I use a trellis in raised beds to grow peas, beans and cucumbers.
I have many flowers that grow on a decorative trellis in my flower garden. The Clematis is the star of my garden.
3. Yes, but many gardeners visit us here at Gardening Know How for help to these type of questions!
4. Absolutely. I recently visited a garden center in PA while on vacation this past summer. An entire wall of a garden building was planted in lush Coleus plants in rows of lime green and dark burgundy. It was stunning!
Wall gardens are used in many landscaping projects to add beauty, but also distract or hide unattractive qualities. An example is Ivy covering a block wall of a building.
5. We promote all types of gardening here on Gardening Know How.
We have numerous articles to teach and inspire gardeners.
Here are some examples.