Venus Fly Trap

Venus Fly Trap Sunlight

tellmeafunnyjoke added on December 20, 2017 | Answered

My plant is in a patio with some sunlight through short clear roof panels and security gates. It gets about 3.5 to 4 hours of direct sunlight. Should I have the plant outside instead.

These can actually withstand some bit of frost. They really need as much light as you can offer them in a day. Bright full sun will keep them healthier. If it doesn't get much below freezing for long in your area then they will survive happily with some mulch. They even prefer this "dormant" period to properly grow the next season.

They also prefer to live in a "bog" type setting, where they are submerged in some amount of standing water.

Here is a set of articles that will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/venus-fly-trap/

00
tellmeafunnyjoke

Thanks

I'm confused, my plant is bright green, but it look exhausted. Or is it not enough sunlight

00
Here are more questions about Venus Fly Trap