Raised Garden Beds

Vegetable Gardening

Juliahoffman added on January 17, 2018 | Answered

I’m new to gardening and grew a lovely vegetable garden last summer so now I’m hooked! I want to start a new garden this spring, my question is this. I have raised plant beds that I used new gardening soil last year from Lowe’s. Should I replace the dirt before I plant anything this spring or should I use the same dirt? Do I add compost and can I buy that from a gardening store? Thanks!

You can leave the old soil in there as long as you amend it. You can order compost from your local gardening centers, or even online. There are many things that you can do to improve your soil for the next crop. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/best-soil-raised-garden-beds.htm

Here are more questions about Raised Garden Beds