Fertilizer

Used Coffee Grounds as Fertilizer

Sue Repsher added on April 14, 2017 | Answered

I do have some azaleas and roses which I understand can benefit from adding used coffee grounds as fertilizer.... I have a ready supply of grounds, but am not clear about what is meant by "washed grounds" have a neutral pH. Are the used grounds that come out of the coffeemaker "as is" considered washed & neutral, or the more acidic? Also, I can't find any info about how often to apply the grounds, or how much.... Can you help with that?! Thanks very much for your help!

Here is a link to an article on this subject for you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/ingredients/coffee-grounds-gardening.htm I always advise folks to add amendments to the soils gradually. Too much all at once and the pH gets thrown off and the shrub or plant will react badly, sometimes leading to its death. Roses will do fine with them but I would recommend using only 1/4 cup per rosebush on a monthly or every two months basis. If they tolerate that well, try making it 1/3 cup for a bit and see how things go.

10
Here are more questions about Fertilizer