Hibiscus Plants

Twisted Hibiscus Tree

Anonymous added on January 27, 2018 | Answered

I goofed and left it outside to long and we had a cold snap. All the leaves died. I broughtit in and watered it lightly. It now has leaves growing out down at the bottom. Do I have to cut the whole upper part off it's about 3ft. tall. thank you

I think it is too soon to tell about the upper leaves. If all goes well, the plant will recover from its shock and send out new leaves higher up. Watch the stems; they will become soft and change color if they are dead. If you trim the highest most branch, it might be obvious that it is gone. It should look something like this: https://www.sciencesource.com/archive/Hibiscus-stem-SS2118314.html
The colors vary depending on variety. Search for images of hibiscus stem cross-section.

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants