Christmas Cactus Plants
Q.

Trying to get my Christmas cactus to bloom. Live in Arizona near southern border.

Zone Bisbee Arizona Zone ? | Anonymous added on October 27, 2019 | Answered

It's too warm in doors (too hot) so I have it outside in a enclosed shed. It's going down to mid 40's the next few nights and I would like to know if it will be alright! I would like to see it get some flowers this year being my first year. It' been repotted and it's getting pretty big. I leave it in the dark for 12 to 14 hours!

A.
A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
GKH_Susan

It should be OK as long as it doesn't freeze in the shed. Be sure to bring it in during the day so it gets light. The shorter day lengths of fall and uninterupted darkness at night should instigate blooms. I notice with mine, cooler air also helps to bring on the buds. I used to leave mine in an unheated sunroom year round and they always budded. I then brought them into the warmth to bloom.

This article gives more tips on reblooming:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/christmas-cactus/advice-for-christmas-cactus-care.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
Christmas Cactus Plants
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More