Trumpet Vines

Trumpet Vine

smj1731 added on June 7, 2016 | Answered

My good friend gave me three pieces of trumpet vine with the roots she dug up. She placed them in a bag with a root growth hormone for me to take home. Once I got home, I planted two of them in a pot with organic black soil mixed with some of my compost. The third I removed the two lowest leaves and placed in a pail of rain water. They were all looking good but now it's been about five days and all the plants have drooping leaves. What can I do to save them? I have them in a shady area and the ones in soil I make sure the soil is moist. These are from a well established plant.

The cuttings that you root should be cut to about 4 inches in length.
Dip in rooting hormone.

2 inches of the stem should be placed in planting medium.

Cover with a plastic bag and place the container in a bright location out of direct sunlight.

Keep the mixture moist but not soggy.

You should see root development in 3 months. The rooted cuttings can be transferred to 6 inch pots.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/trumpet-vine/propagate-trumpet-vine.htm

00
Here are more questions about Trumpet Vines