Plumeria Plants

Trimming Plumeria

linray2@embarqmail.com added on October 7, 2017 | Answered

I have a rooted cutting, 2 years old, and it is still just a single stick approximately 40 inches tall. It has had flowered before. How far back do I cut? Do I cut above or below a leaf? What do I use to seal the open cut? I live in Central Florida. Thank you. Linda N Cannot upload photo. Can you help without photo?

You can prune them in winter or early spring before any flower sites would start to appear.It doesn't matter a whole lot if you prune above or below a leaf, but I do prefer to go just above the leaf, typically.

I would apply dolomitic lime to the soil, as well, so that you can be sure your pH is correct.

Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/plumeria/plumeria-pruning-info.htm

00
Here are more questions about Plumeria Plants