Beech Trees

Tricolor Beech Tree

I live in Louisville, KY. I have a tricolor beech that is about 10 years old, planted in a shady area. April and May it is absolutely beautiful with flowers and then vibrant pink leaves. By June the leaves are brown and dried out the remainder of the summer. This happens every year. Why?

In looking through the forums, I see that these trees are very beautiful spring and early summer, then the pink leaves fade. Sometimes they get kind of bronzy, sometimes they get all brown around the edges, sometimes they turn all brown and dried. Seems to be the nature of the tree. You could try increasing the moisture level, maybe add more mulch, trying to keep it more moist. Perhaps more organics like peat or compost worked into the soil would help.

00
Here are more questions about Beech Trees