Photinia Plants

Tree/Bush Blown Down in Storm

Anonymous added on January 2, 2011 | Answered

I have a Red Robin plant in my garden, which over a period of 8 years or so has grown into a 10-foot high tree. It is growing against a wall and in a recent storm with high winds, the bush was bent towards the ground to a point where it toppled over. On examining it afterwards, the stem of the bush is 50% broken across, but it is not entirely broken off. I have raised it back up with supports. Would you think there is any chance that it will survive?

It may survive as long as the stem covering/bark on the intact side has not been too badly damaged. But, the issue will be that the stem will never repair itself to the point that it can support itself. If it survives, it will always need support to keep it upright.

00
Here are more questions about Photinia Plants