Tree Problems

Tree Suckers

We moved into our new home and the previous owners have not been here since last November. There are several trees on the property and they looked very healthy. I was advised by several people that I needed to cut off the undergrowth so the tree would get more nutrients (I think they are called suckers). I did so and now I'm noticing that the trees do not look as healthy and there are yellow leaves on the trees. Did I do something wrong with cutting the undergrowth? We live in Eastern Washington and the weather has been okay, no drought or too much rain.

It is possible that the tree may have suffered some stress due to the minor pruning of the suckers, though this should correct itself once the tree has time to adjust. In the meantime, you may want to make sure the tree has sufficient water and you could even treat it with neem oil spray to help fend off any insect pests or fungus while it heals.

00
Here are more questions about Tree Problems