Tree Problems

Tree Roots

Tree roots of tree that was cut down a year ago keeps sprouting growth from all the roots surrounding the stump which was ground when cut. I have cut the roots around the stump and the sprouts rapidly come up all around the former stump as far away as 15 yards. Is there a way to stop these roots from sending up these sprouts in my flower beds, etc.? They are even pushing up my paver sidewalk. Thank you.

Undiluted Round Up will help kill the roots. You will need to wound the roots (normally, people cut the suckers down and use those wounds) and then paint the undiluted Round Up on the wounds. The bigger or more wounds you paint, the better.The roots will suck the Round Up in and it will kill them. You may have to repeat the process a few times to fully kill the roots if the root system is still strong.

Here are more questions about Tree Problems