Sago Palm Trees

Transplanting an Established Sago Palm

How can one transplant an established (adult) sago palm without harming it? My sago palm is now to close to my pool enclosure and I would like to move it before it gets any larger, or the ground too hard.

Sago palms do not like to be disturbed so any transplanting needs to be done with great care. Mature palms can be transplanted in early spring or late fall. Be sure to relocate the plant in a similar area, under the same or similar growing conditions--full sun, well-draining soil, etc. Include as much of the root system as possible when digging up and moving it. You may also want to consider trimming the plant back to prevent transplant shock. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees